Foxtails are a three-piece emo/screamo band from Connecticut that have been around since at least 2015. They play a very technical style of emo that borders on math rock, with some dizzying fretboard work on bright guitars, and some very athletic drumming. They’ve got some very impressive dynamic shifts, going from melodic, quiet passages with softly sung vocals to screamed, bombastic moments. Utilizing off-kilter rhythms, odd song structures and time signatures, as well as never shying away from dissonance to create unease in the calmer moments, Foxtails have showed that they are not only incredible musicians, but have crafted a sound that is truly their own. Their last album, III came out last year on Emo Cat Records, and is unfortunately something I’ve slept on until now. Highly, highly, recommended. Enjoy.
1. Random Names Always Work
3. Vacant Lottery
5. The Ten Commandments Of Ryan F.
6. Every Window In An Alcatraz Has A View Of San Francisco
7. I Can’t Fucking Write Books Because I Only Write Songs Now
8. Well, Well, Well, How The Turntables…
2. I’m A Sociopath
3. Pellon Upon Ossa
4. Do You Believe I’m Real, Boy Wonder?
5. De Mal En Peor
6. Welcome To Hawaii
1. Rare Beasts – Grendolyn
2. Rare Beasts – Let Me Tell You About The Time I Punched That Bandicoot (Live)
3. Foxtails – The Punishment Light
4. Foxtails – I Experienced Ego Death On An NDE Thread
1. Princess Carolyn
2. The Chicken From Outer Space
4. Punishment Light
6. The Revenge Of The Chicken From Outer Space
7. I Experienced Ego Death On And NDE THread
8. Every Window In An Alcatraz Has A View Of San Francisco (II)
Note: Cassette can be found here0