We’re enjoying a bit of a respite from the biting cold of North Dakotaland this week with daytime high temperatures surging to the mid-30s and with the possibility of the upper 30s next week. Ironically, if this were centigrade, it would be about the same temperature that Australia and India are enduring in Perth as the commence the second test of the Australian summer. With the NFL season essentially over and the NBA season playing its way through into the mid-season lull, cricket is king!
With my grading for the semester done, some longer and more leisurely writing projects underway, and my reading schedule for the holidays taking shape, it’s a pleasure to share some quick hits and varia:
- Surveying the Xeros Valley in Cyprus.
- Studying Athenian ostraka.
- Squint Against the Grandeur.
- Assembling Early Christianity.
- History and Slow Motion Suicide.
- Big Data in Archaeology.
- Archaeological Challenges, Digital Possibilities.
- Blogs as Decentralized Media.
- Boycot Elsevier.
- Rural Students.
- Dirty Realism.
- Capitalizing Cocktails.
- Five North Dakota artists on Lens/cratch. One, Two, Three, Four, Five.
- A chat with a publisher.
- Wikipedia can be messed up. More here.
- What I’m reading: This stuff here.
- What I’m listening to: Erroll Garner, Mambo Moves Garner.