It’s cold here today even by North Dakota standards and some kind of polar vortex is poised to descend on the state next week making it even colder. Almost as cold as being dismissed for 77 by the West Indies (ohhh snap!).
It’ll be a good weekend to stay inside, watch some sports car racing, get some reading done, and keep close to the fire.
It’s also probably a good time for some quick hits and varia:
- SCS is making bold statements, probably in response to this. Also see this.
- This is a useful way forward for the SCS.
- Athienou, Cyprus wedding sweet is not UNESCO heritage listed.
- Lots of open access (or at least free online) news!
- We’re professors and we’re here to help.
- Burin on Kaepernick.
- The Cannibal’s Cookbook.
- An adjunct’s final syllabus.
- Dr. Rapp.
- What I’m reading: Caitlin DeSilvey, Curated Decay: Heritage Beyond Saving. (2018).
- What I’m listening to: Eric Dolphy, Out to Lunch!
Wake me if you need me.0