6/2 Day 10
-Volador Jr. (3-2) def. Chase Owens (2-3)
-Jushin Thunder Liger (3-2) def. Tiger Mask (2-3)
-Will Ospreay (2-3) def. Bobby Fish (2-3)
-Ricochet (4-1) def. Beretta (2-3)
- If removing a luchador’s mask is the ultimate sign of disrespect in Mexican wrestling, then how low was Chase Owens for not only de-masking Volador but then putting the mask on himself? The double ultimate disrespect.
- Liger vs Tiger, one of my personally advertised highlights was a 1 minute joke of a match ending before it really began with a Liger flash pin. Way to make your frequent tag partner look like a humiliated piece of shit, Jushin!
- And we’re finally done with single camera, no commentary! All live full shows from now on.
- I’m holding off on the Road to Victory for B Block because it’s still very muddled. The simplest thing would be for Ricochet to beat Volador and Owens and finish 6-1.
6/3 Day 11
-Tomohiro Ishii, Beretta & Will Ospreay def. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Ricochet & Volador Jr.
-Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask def. Katsuyori Shibata, Bobby Fish, Juice Robinson & Jay White
-Michael Elgin, Satoshi Kojima, Yoshi Tatsu & Captain New Japan def. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
-Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & EVIL def. Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
-Kyle O’Reilly (4-2) def. David Finlay (1-5)
-Rocky Romero (3-3) def. Gedo (1-5)
-BUSHI (3-3) def. Ryusuke Taguchi (4-2)
-KUSHIDA (4-2) def. Matt Sydal (4-2)
- After all the buzz, we were given a tiny sequel to Ricochet vs Ospreay, though it didn’t affect the outcome.
- Beretta did a victory lap around the ring. He’s a Bo-liever! Big win for Bo-retta!
- In multi-man tag matches, everyone gets paired off with someone during the feeling out process, so you get some bizarre sequences like Jushin Liger really wanting to get a piece of Juice Robinson.
- Another day, another pull apart brawl between Shibata and Nagata. Just kiss already!
- Big show of respect from O’Reilly to Finlay after the match. Finlay always goes down swinging.
- Rocky Romero vs Gedo might have gone on just a bit too long, but it was as entertaining a comedy match as I had anticipated.
- Tanahashi came out after intermission to say he had lost his smile or something. Omega & Bullet Club interrupted. A scuffle ensued when Omega kicked the Ace in the stomach and chased him off (Tanahashi must be in really bad shape). The Tanahashi Super Friends came out and the second half of the show was underway without introductions.
- Michael Elgin got a big push during the match and brought out a ladder afterwards, officially replacing Tanahashi at Dominion on June 19. Omega declined the challenge, but I’m not putting any stock in that.
- YOSHI-HASHI took the loss for CHAOS yet again but at least he got the more dignified “passed out, didn’t tap out” loss this time.
- Taguchi’s entrance: BUSHI cosplay-sparkly green sport coat and Los Ingobernables skull mask. Green lipstick and nail polish.
- Taguchi was rightfully pissed at referee Red Shoes Oono. There was physical evidence that BUSHI used mist plus so, so much dick hitting. What’s a guy gotta do to get a DQ win in NJPW?
- Sydal and Taguchi both blew their chance to essentially capture the block. Now there are four guys at 4-2 and none of them are wrestling each other on June 6. Anything can happen on the final day of round robin.