Marvelous Middle Eights – Discuss

punk-music.net

Better late than not at all….   A spooky thing happened to me last week on my way home from work and when cooking dinner a bit later. ..

2 months ago
Comments Off on Marvelous Middle Eights – Discuss
152

The Mercury Music Prize – Discuss

punk-music.net

Yesterday saw the shortlist for this year’s Mercury Music Prize announced.  As a reminder, this is what it is about (from the website): ..

4 months ago
Comments Off on The Mercury Music Prize – Discuss

Song titles within a song – Discuss

punk-music.net

I’ve always loved the Arctic Monkeys from the first time I heard them.  Whatever you may think of Alex Turner’s morph into ..

4 months ago
Comments Off on Song titles within a song – Discuss

Songs that are difficult to listen to – discuss

punk-music.net

Almost 13 years ago I went through a traumatic event that ended with me in hospital undergoing a pretty grim surgical procedure.  My ..

5 months ago
Comments Off on Songs that are difficult to listen to – discuss
424

Anna Meredith – Discuss

punk-music.net

Anna Meredith’s first full length album has been championed by DJ Mary-Anne Hobbs for a long time.  She was playing tracks from ..

7 months ago
Comments Off on Anna Meredith – Discuss
155

Mikey Dread World War III – Discuss

punk-music.net

I’m pushed this week and totally disorganised, so I’ve not really thought this through. I’ll apologise now for the shambling ..

7 months ago
Comments Off on Mikey Dread World War III – Discuss
318

Welcome to Wilson Wednesday

punk-music.net

No, no, don’t worry, the Spill hasn’t just been sponsored by an international sporting goods manufacturer, nor have we been ..

8 months ago
Comments Off on Welcome to Wilson Wednesday
379

American Football – Discuss

punk-music.net

I hadn’t intended writing about this band today, but I ran out of time with the thing I did want to write – spreading myself ..

8 months ago
Comments Off on American Football – Discuss
215

Young Marble Giants and The XX – Discuss

punk-music.net

I remember the exact moment I first heard Young Marble Giants.  I was listening to Marc Riley (one of the many former members of The Fall) ..

8 months ago
Comments Off on Young Marble Giants and The XX – Discuss
299

Little Axe and Moby – Discuss

punk-music.net

I subscribe to Spotify – some of you won’t like that, I know.  I got rid of our turntable, CD player, speakers and amp and have ..

8 months ago