Marvelous Middle Eights – Discuss

punk-music.net

Better late than not at all….   A spooky thing happened to me last week on my way home from work and when cooking dinner a bit later. ..

5 months ago
Comments Off on Marvelous Middle Eights – Discuss
199

The Mercury Music Prize – Discuss

punk-music.net

Yesterday saw the shortlist for this year’s Mercury Music Prize announced.  As a reminder, this is what it is about (from the website): ..

7 months ago
Comments Off on The Mercury Music Prize – Discuss

Song titles within a song – Discuss

punk-music.net

I’ve always loved the Arctic Monkeys from the first time I heard them.  Whatever you may think of Alex Turner’s morph into ..

7 months ago
Comments Off on Song titles within a song – Discuss

Songs that are difficult to listen to – discuss

punk-music.net

Almost 13 years ago I went through a traumatic event that ended with me in hospital undergoing a pretty grim surgical procedure.  My ..

8 months ago
Comments Off on Songs that are difficult to listen to – discuss
1052

Anna Meredith – Discuss

punk-music.net

Anna Meredith’s first full length album has been championed by DJ Mary-Anne Hobbs for a long time.  She was playing tracks from ..

10 months ago
Comments Off on Anna Meredith – Discuss
187

Mikey Dread World War III – Discuss

punk-music.net

I’m pushed this week and totally disorganised, so I’ve not really thought this through. I’ll apologise now for the shambling ..

10 months ago
Comments Off on Mikey Dread World War III – Discuss
388

Welcome to Wilson Wednesday

punk-music.net

No, no, don’t worry, the Spill hasn’t just been sponsored by an international sporting goods manufacturer, nor have we been ..

11 months ago
Comments Off on Welcome to Wilson Wednesday
409

American Football – Discuss

punk-music.net

I hadn’t intended writing about this band today, but I ran out of time with the thing I did want to write – spreading myself ..

11 months ago
Comments Off on American Football – Discuss
257

Young Marble Giants and The XX – Discuss

punk-music.net

I remember the exact moment I first heard Young Marble Giants.  I was listening to Marc Riley (one of the many former members of The Fall) ..

11 months ago
Comments Off on Young Marble Giants and The XX – Discuss
329

Little Axe and Moby – Discuss

punk-music.net

I subscribe to Spotify – some of you won’t like that, I know.  I got rid of our turntable, CD player, speakers and amp and have ..

11 months ago