Band: The Dead Milkmen
Album: Big Lizard In My Backyard
Release Date: August 1985
Music Genre: Punk Rock Alternative Rock Garage Rock
Label: Restless Records
Release Country: United States
Record Type: 21 Tracks Cassette Album
Joe "Joe Jack Talcum" Genaro, Rodney "Rodney Anonymous" Linderman, Dean "Dean Clean" Sabatino, Dan "Dandrew" Stevens.
The Dead Milkmen are a Punk band that started in the late 70's by Joseph Genaro as a "band" that recording and distributed tapes of music recorded on low fidelity 4-tracks. By 1983, the group had it's lineup filled in with Rodney Linderman, (Vocals, Keys (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) Joseph Genaro, (Vocals, Guitar (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) Dean Sabatino, (Drums (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) and Dave Schulthise (Bass (1983-1995)).
The group released their first full-length LP "Big Lizard in My Backyard" in 1985 on Restless Records. This was followed by:
- Eat Your Paisley! (1986, Restless) - Including minor hit songs like "Beach Party Vietnam."
- Bucky Fellini (1987, Enigma) - Produced by Brian Beattie, who produced the next albums "Beelzebubba" and "Metaphysical Graffiti."
- Beelzebubba (1988, Enigma) - Had a brush with the mainstream with their most well-known song, "Punk Rock Girl."
- Metaphysical Graffiti (1990, Restless) - Had minor hits like "Methodist Coloring Book" and "If You Love Somebody, Set Them on Fire."
- Soul Rotation (1992, Hollywood) - Joseph Genaro took over lead vocals for the album.
- Not Richard, But Dick (1993, Hollywood) - Shorter, 10 song album with elements from b (...)
|B2||Filet Of Sole|
|B5||Takin' Retards To The Zoo|
|B7||Right Wing Pigeons|
Printed in U.S.A.