Band: The Dead Milkmen
Album: Death Rides A Pale Cow (The Ultimate Collection)
Release Date: November 1997
Music Genre: Punk Rock Alternative Rock
Label: Restless Records
Release Country: United States
Record Type: 23 Tracks CD
Joe "Joe Jack Talcum" Genaro, Rodney "Rodney Anonymous" Linderman, Dean "Dean Clean" Sabatino, Dan "Dandrew" Stevens.
The Dead Milkmen are a Punk band that started in the late 70's by Joseph Genaro as a "band" that recording and distributed tapes of music recorded on low fidelity 4-tracks. By 1983, the group had it's lineup filled in with Rodney Linderman, (Vocals, Keys (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) Joseph Genaro, (Vocals, Guitar (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) Dean Sabatino, (Drums (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) and Dave Schulthise (Bass (1983-1995)).
The group released their first full-length LP "Big Lizard in My Backyard" in 1985 on Restless Records. This was followed by:
- Eat Your Paisley! (1986, Restless) - Including minor hit songs like "Beach Party Vietnam."
- Bucky Fellini (1987, Enigma) - Produced by Brian Beattie, who produced the next albums "Beelzebubba" and "Metaphysical Graffiti."
- Beelzebubba (1988, Enigma) - Had a brush with the mainstream with their most well-known song, "Punk Rock Girl."
- Metaphysical Graffiti (1990, Restless) - Had minor hits like "Methodist Coloring Book" and "If You Love Somebody, Set Them on Fire."
- Soul Rotation (1992, Hollywood) - Joseph Genaro took over lead vocals for the album.
- Not Richard, But Dick (1993, Hollywood) - Shorter, 10 song album with elements from b (...)
|7||Beach Party Vietnam||1:46|
|8||The Thing That Only Eats Hippies||2:45|
|9||Big Time Operator||2:52|
|10||Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance To Anything||3:36|
|13||I Walk The Thinnest Line||2:08|
|15||Punk Rock Girl||2:38|
|16||Smokin' Banana Peels||3:48|
|17||Life Is Shit||3:00|
|18||Do The Brown Nose||4:41|
|19||If You Love Someone Set Them On Fire||2:09|
|21||The Girl With The Strong Arm||2:50|
|23||The Blues Song||4:00|