Band: The Dead Milkmen
Album: Now We Are 20
Release Date: September 2003
Music Genre: Punk Rock Alternative Rock
Label: Restless Records
Release Country: United States
Record Type: 31 Tracks CD Album
Joe "Joe Jack Talcum" Genaro, Rodney "Rodney Anonymous" Linderman, Dean "Dean Clean" Sabatino, Dan "Dandrew" Stevens.
The Dead Milkmen are a Punk band that started in the late 70's by Joseph Genaro as a "band" that recorded and distributed tapes of music recorded on low fidelity 4-tracks. By 1983, the group had its lineup filled in with Rodney Linderman, (Vocals, Keys (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) Joseph Genaro, (Vocals, Guitar (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) Dean Sabatino, (Drums (1983-1995, 2004, 2008-present)) and Dave Schulthise (Bass (1983-1995)).
The group released their first full-length LP "Big Lizard in My Backyard" in 1985 on Restless Records. This was followed by:
- Eat Your Paisley! (1986, Restless) - Including minor hit songs like "Beach Party Vietnam."
- Bucky Fellini (1987, Enigma) - Produced by Brian Beattie, who produced the next albums "Beelzebubba" and "Metaphysical Graffiti."
- Beelzebubba (1988, Enigma) - Had a brush with the mainstream with their most well-known song, "Punk Rock Girl."
- Metaphysical Graffiti (1990, Restless) - Had minor hits like "Methodist Coloring Book" and "If You Love Somebody, Set Them on Fire."
- Soul Rotation (1992, Hollywood) - Joseph Genaro took over lead vocals for the album.
- Not Richard, But Dick (1993, Hollywood) - Shorter, 10 song album with elements from bot (...)
|3||Don't Abort That Baby|
|5||Land Of The Shakers|
|6||I Don't Wanna|
|9||Dance With Me|
|18||Filet Of Sole|
|19||I Hate Myself|
|21||Right Wing Pigeons|
|24||Takin' Retards To The Zoo|
|26||Stupid Mary Anne|
|28||Shape Of Things|
|29||Ask Me To Dance|
|30||Rock 'N' Roll Queen|
|31||A Message To You Rudy|
Tracks 1-28 originally released in 1993 as Now We Are 10 limited issue (1000) self-released CD.
Tracks 1-4 from Funky Barn recorded live a Stephanie Rowley's barn dance, Bedminster, PA 10/22/83
Tracks 5-7 from Death Rides a Pale Cow tape recorded 1/84 in Dean's Basement studio
Tracks 8-25 from Dead Milkmen Take the Airwaves tape broadcast on WXPN-FM 5/6/84
Track 26 from live broadcast on WXPN-FM 2/27/87
Tracks 8-26 recorded at 88.5 WXPN Philadelphia
Track 27 recorded live at Trocadero in Philadelphia 6/19/92
Track 28 recorded in Joe's Cold Damp Basement studio 3/93
Track 29 from Instant Club Hit EP (Restless, 1987)
Track 30 from Tune Master C-D Viewer promotional compilation CD (Enigma, 1990)
Track 31 from Metaphysical Graffiti sessions - previously unreleased (1990)
Mastered at Peerless Mastering
All songs published by Golf Pro Music (BMI), and administered by Bug except: "Shape Of Things" published by EMI-Beechwood Music Corp. (BMI); "A Message To You Rudy" published by Carbert Music, Inc. (BMI); and "Rock 'N' Roll Queen" published by Blue Mountain Music Ltd. (PRS) All rights for Blue Mountain Music Ltd. controlled and administered by Rykomusic, Inc. (ASCAP) for North and South America and Rykomusic, Ltd. (PRS) for the rest of the World.
℗ & © 2003 Rykodisc, Inc.
Printed and manufactured in the USA